Call for Papers 2021
LocWorldWide44, June 8-10, 2021 & LocWorldWide45, October 19-21, 2021
At its core, the localization industry pushes the boundaries of language, culture, and custom to allow people to share ideas, products and services around the world. And, we do a good job of that!
We continue to adapt to new practices such as digital transformation that wrap procedures and technology into major steps forward. Staying on top of business changes is a challenge in and of itself.
Enter 2020. This past year presented boundaries that were a new challenge for all of us, with resultant new practices that will become accepted norms. With new customs and expectations that affect work and business flow. With new and augmented technologies that await our innovative uses.
Yes, we have pushed boundaries, but now we are challenged to push all sorts of new boundaries to continue our success. We ask the localization community to join our conversation on Pushing Boundaries.
This topic is very broad, but to give you an idea, possible topics include:
- Business transformation, growth
- Scaling content and time frames for the new normal
- The constant of change
- The impact of artificial intelligence on technologies, organizations, roles, and resources
- Innovation and its importance in business
- What boundaries on the horizon should we push next?
These topics are presented as a suggestion to you to encourage you to consider what you have to share about pushing boundaries. The theme is not meant to restrict the content of the conference. We also encourage presenters to submit proposals that fit with the areas listed below:
- Advanced Localization Management: The latest information on trends, processes, technologies, and influences that shape the world of localization. This track is intended for the professional localization audience.
- Content Management: Explores the need for content strategy, content standards, repeatable processes and advanced information technologies, and the role of translation and localization in our mobile, global, on-demand world.
- Global Business: Practical insights for companies that want to venture with confidence into new international markets and foster continued success by engaging users in those markets.
- Global Web: Leading companies, each with an outstanding web presence, offer their expertise for launching and maintaining a worldwide web platform.
- Localization Core Competencies: Introductory information for companies that need to localize, but are unsure where to start.
- Localization for Asia: Case studies and presentations showing solutions to Asia-specific challenges and opportunities.
- LSP: Information about how to run better organizations and increase the profitability of language service providers.
- Technical: This track is more about the how than the why. It looks at the application of cutting-edge localization standards and technologies that improve global user experience through innovation, globalization, automation, best practices, techniques, and tools.
- Translation Automation/AI: Best practices and solutions for automation and artificial intelligence in the localization process, including machine translation, project management, and translation quality evaluation, and how humans and machines all work together through standards and technological innovation.
- For LocWorldWide44 in June, we plan to include a Localization for Asia track for those who work in or with Asia. These sessions will be scheduled in Asia-friendly time slots.
LocWorld brings together professionals who are engaged in the business of adapting products, services and communications to an international audience so as to appear native to that particular region. With an emphasis on creating a friendly atmosphere that puts newcomers at ease and welcomes old friends with a smile, the conference provides ample opportunities for networking and doing business. The strong main program, a Global Toolbox Days of in-depth workshops, the full exhibit hall (Solutions Square), and networking events allow attendees to increase their knowledge, develop profitable strategies, and form new alliances.
The LocWorldWide43 virtual conference attracted 101 proposals, 38% of which were accepted.
- Choose a catchy title that reflects the synopsis content.
- Provide a detailed, clear synopsis.
- Submit fresh material that has not been recently presented at other events.
- Only use the latest buzzwords if you are very specific.
- Avoid using your name or your company name in the title.
- If you propose a case study, we are looking for one with a balanced perspective, ideas that can be implemented, and deal with solving a business problem or challenge.
- Avoid a sales pitch. Our program committee will reject it!
- If you are a vendor, include a client to copresent with you.
For this conference, we are only interested in presentations that can be streamed after the conference (for a limited time). All sessions will be prerecorded; speakers must be willing to re-record a presentation if needed. Also, we may sell access to the recordings after the live event is over; if we do, your presentation will be included in that access. LocWorld reserves the right to use your name in marketing of the conference.
Please submit your main conference presentation proposal by clicking the button below to access the submission form (opens new window).
Before filling out the call for papers, make sure that you can meet all deadlines. There will be strict cut-off dates for these conferences. Please complete the form and press the “submit” button. You will then see a confirmation when you scroll down. If you have any difficulties with the form, please contact Kris Wiegand to submit your proposal.
LocWorldWide44, June 8-10, 2021
(session times friendly to European, African and Asian attendees)
- Proposal submission deadline: February 12, 2021
- Notification of accepted proposals: March 12, 2021
- Rough draft of presentation due: no later than April 2, 2021
- Session recording due: no later than May 7, 2021
- LocWorldWide44: June 8-10, 2021
LocWorldWide45, October 19-21, 2021
(session times friendly to North and South American attendees)
- Proposal submission deadline: March 12, 2021
- Other dates TBD
- LocWorldWide45: October 19-21, 2021