LocWorld36 Tokyo. April 3-5, 2018
Today’s global business takes place in a heavily digitalized world. The results of digitalization are all around us: The Internet of things, big data, machine to machine communication, block chain, AI, to name a few. But what is the effect of all these technologies, this “Digital Transformation”, on society and business? How are we, in the localization space, challenged by this? How can we use this to our advantage?
Successful international companies take advantage of the reach and scope of our digital world to interact with new customers and keep them happy. A well-designed user experience has become paramount. Customers ask for service information that is immediately understandable and accessible no matter the language and viewing device.
And, behind the scenes, we deal with new AI-driven translation technology, new processes that improve project management, and updated standards that streamline system intercommunication.
Indeed, the age of Digital Transformation is all around us. How do we get on board?
This is the focus of LocWorld in 2018. Perhaps you have answers or perhaps you have your own questions. We solicit your proposals.
The 2018 theme, Digital Transformation, is not meant to restrict the content of the conference. We encourage presenters to submit proposals that fit with the theme or the general interest areas listed below:
- Advanced Localization Management: The latest information on trends, processes, technologies and influences that shape the world of localization.
- Community: Examines all aspects of our language community with focus on open source projects, community-driven translation, volunteer initiatives and just about everything that benefits the entire community.
- Content Management: Explores the need for content strategy, content standards, repeatable processes and advanced information technologies, and the role of translation and localization in our mobile, global, on-demand world.
- Global Business: Practical insights for companies that want to venture with confidence into new international markets.
- Global Web: Leading companies, each with an outstanding web presence, offer their expertise for launching and maintaining a worldwide web platform.
- Localization for Asia: Case studies and presentations showing solutions to Asia-specific challenges and opportunities
- Localization Core Competencies: Introductory information for companies that need to localize, but are unsure where to start.
- LSP: Information about how to run better organizations and increase the profitability of language service providers.
- TAUS: Best practices and solutions for automating translation and evaluating translation quality, and how systems and services all work together through standards and application programming interfaces.
- Technical: This track is more about the how than the why. It looks at the application of cutting-edge localization standards and technologies that improve global user experience through innovation globalization automation, best practices, techniques and tools.
LocWorld brings together professionals who are engaged in the business of adapting products, services and communications to an international audience so as to appear native to that particular region. With an emphasis on creating a friendly atmosphere that puts newcomers at ease and welcomes old friends with a smile, the conference provides ample opportunities for networking and doing business. The strong main program, a preconference day of in-depth workshops, the full exhibit hall and networking events allow attendees to increase their knowledge, develop profitable strategies and form new alliances.
The November 2017 conference in Silicon Valley attracted 86 presentation submissions, of which 24% were accepted.
Please submit your main conference presentation proposal by clicking the button below to access the submission form (opens new window). Please complete the form and press the “submit” button. You will then see a confirmation when you scroll down. If you have any difficulties with the form, please contact Kris Wiegand to submit your proposal.
Proposal submission deadline: September 29, 2017
Notification of accepted proposals: January 2-12, 2018
Rough draft of presentation due: February 20, 2018
Final presentation due: March 20, 2018
LocWorld36 Tokyo: April 3-5, 2018