Go Global, Be Global
LocWorld40 Portugal. 11-13 June 2019
You’ve heard the advice: Go Global! Study foreign (or international) markets to determine where you are going to focus. Analyze your cost of entry. Calculate your return-on-investment. Adapt your messaging/products/services for local customers. Create goals and meet them!
But then what?
It’s one thing to plan and execute your entry into a new market. But what comes next? How will you strengthen your brand? Support your customers? Maintain and grow your presence? Deal with local competitors? Align local needs with global strategy? How will you Be Global?
LocWorld has selected the theme of Go Global, Be Global for its 2019 conferences. It is the very heart of what we in our industry study, discuss and do. And yet, there is always some new concept to discover, technology to employ and practice to implement.
We invite you to share what you have learned along your globalization journey. Your audience will be eager to learn from you and to share their experiences!
This is the focus of LocWorld in 2019. Perhaps you have answers or perhaps you have your own questions. We solicit your proposals.
The 2019 theme, Go Global, Be Global, is not meant to restrict the content of the conference. We encourage presenters to submit proposals that fit with the theme or the general interest areas listed below:
- Advanced Localization Management: The latest information on trends, processes, technologies and influences that shape the world of localization.
- Community: Examines all aspects of our language community with focus on open source projects, community-driven translation, volunteer initiatives and just about everything that benefits the entire community.
- Content Management: Explores the need for content strategy, content standards, repeatable processes and advanced information technologies, and the role of translation and localization in our mobile, global, on-demand world.
- Global Business: Practical insights for companies that want to venture with confidence into new international markets.
- Global Web: Leading companies, each with an outstanding web presence, offer their expertise for launching and maintaining a worldwide web platform.
- Localization Core Competencies: Introductory information for companies that need to localize, but are unsure where to start.
- LSP: Information about how to run better organizations and increase the profitability of language service providers.
- TAUS: Best practices and solutions for automating translation and evaluating translation quality, and how systems and services all work together through standards and application programming interfaces.
- Technical: This track is more about the how than the why. It looks at the application of cutting-edge localization standards and technologies that improve global user experience through innovation globalization automation, best practices, techniques and tools.
LocWorld brings together professionals who are engaged in the business of adapting products, services and communications to an international audience so as to appear native to that particular region. With an emphasis on creating a friendly atmosphere that puts newcomers at ease and welcomes old friends with a smile, the conference provides ample opportunities for networking and doing business. The strong main program, a preconference day of in-depth workshops, the full exhibit hall and networking events allow attendees to increase their knowledge, develop profitable strategies and form new alliances.
- Choose a catchy title that reflects the synopsis content
- Provide a detailed synopsis
- Submit fresh material that has not been recently presented at other events
- Only use the latest buzzwords if you are very specific
- Avoid using your name or your company name in the title
- If you propose a case study, we are looking for those with a balanced perspective, ideas that can implemented, and deal with solving a business problem or challenge
- Avoid a sales pitch!
- If you are a vendor, include a client that can co-present with you
- Be available to present on both 12 and 13 June. We will assign your speaking date and time based on what is best for the program
Please submit your main conference presentation proposal by clicking the button below to access the submission form (opens new window). Please complete the form and press the “submit” button. You will then see a confirmation when you scroll down. If you have any difficulties with the form, please contact Kris Wiegand to submit your proposal.
Proposal submission deadline: 14 December 2018
Notification of accepted proposals: 16 March 2019
Rough draft of presentation due: 2 April 2019
Final presentation due: 28 May 2019
LocWorld40 Portugal: 11 – 13 June 2019