LocWorld35 Silicon Valley. November 1-3, 2017
Cloud, mobile and next generation platforms have created an expectancy for the latest product and content any place and at any time. As the Agile supercharger, continuous delivery has been shown to bring with it faster time-to-market, reduced risk, lower costs, and better products – all with greater frequency. Technology enables the process, and continuous delivery makes the speed of change intense.
As consumers, we all enjoy the benefits of it. But, as members of the localization industry, what does this mean for us? When our clients or company management insist on it, how do we fit localization into the continuous delivery process? How do we manage the triangle of cost, quality, and time in such a fast-paced production environment? How do we take advantage of this environment to grow global revenues and differentiate our global brand? These are key questions. The answers to which are critical as we adapt to the world of Continuous Delivery.
This is the focus of LocWorld35 Silicon Valley. Perhaps you have answers or perhaps you have your own questions. We solicit your proposals.
The 2017 theme, Continuous Delivery, is not meant to restrict the content of the conference. We encourage presenters to submit proposals that fit with the theme or the general interest areas listed below:
- Advanced Localization Management: The latest information on trends, processes, technologies and influences that shape the world of localization.
- Community: Examines all aspects of our language community with focus on open source projects, community-driven translation, volunteer initiatives and just about everything that benefits the entire community.
- Content Management: Explores the need for content strategy, content standards, repeatable processes and advanced information technologies, and the role of translation and localization in our mobile, global, on-demand world.
- Global Business: Practical insights for companies that want to venture with confidence into new international markets.
- Global Web: Leading companies, each with an outstanding web presence, offer their expertise for launching and maintaining a worldwide web platform.
- Localization Core Competencies: Introductory information for companies that need to localize, but are unsure where to start.
- LSP: Information about how to run better organizations and increase the profitability of language service providers.
- TAUS: Best practices and solutions for automating translation and evaluating translation quality, and how systems and services all work together through standards and application programming interfaces.
- Technical: This track is more about the how than the why. It looks at the application of cutting-edge localisation standards and technologies that improve global user experience through innovative globalization automation, best practices, techniques, and tools.
LocWorld brings together professionals who are engaged in the business of adapting products, services and communications to an international audience so as to appear native to that particular region. With an emphasis on creating a friendly atmosphere that puts newcomers at ease and welcomes old friends with a smile, the conference provides ample opportunities for networking and doing business. The strong main program, a preconference day of in-depth workshops, the full exhibit hall and networking events allow attendees to increase their knowledge, develop profitable strategies and form new alliances.
The June 2017 conference in Barcelona attracted 96 presentation submissions, of which 24 were accepted (acceptance rate of 25%).
Please submit your main conference presentation proposal below.
Please fill out the form below and press the “submit” button. You will then see a confirmation when you scroll down. If you have any difficulties with the form, please contact Kris Wiegand to submit your proposal.
Proposal submission deadline: April 28, 2017
Notification of accepted proposals: July 31 – August 10, 2017
Rough draft of presentation due: September 20, 2017
Final presentation due: October 18, 2017
LocWorld33 Barcelona: November 1-3 2017
Frequently asked questions
The program committee gives preference to presentations:
- That contain fresh material and have not been recently presented at other events
- That, if submitted by a vendor, includes a client (a submission without a client is rarely accepted)
- With speakers who have permission and funding to attend the conference
- That, if proposing a panel, includes the speaker names and company names of proposed panelists
- With a title that generates interest, and accurately reflects the content of the presentation
- That are not sales pitches
Please note that speakers are not reimbursed for travel or related expenses.