Process Innovation Challenge! … PIC
Localization innovations worth sharing.
This is a chance to showcase your innovation and challenge the localization industry to change, as enterprises Go Global to Be Global!
The Process Innovation Challenge is in its third season and is coming to LocWorld41 Silicon Valley (November 7-8).
If you have a technology or process innovation worth sharing, submit your proposal. Successful proposals will get the chance to pitch on stage at one of the LocWorld events during 2019.
Recent PIC participants have pitched about the industry needing an updated connector strategy, how a leading technology company has successfully “shifted left” on internationalization readiness, how to make MT more efficient, how to apply terminology in any neural machine translation, a smart technology for giving access to the best world dictionaries, and how to evolve your multilingual SEO offering. There is no restriction on the topic – you choose! Your proposal should explain how it was innovative, what was the benefit of the innovation and what could others get out of it.
Your innovations can be unique ideas that were successfully applied to localization process and improved operations, or could be a new way of using something existing to solve a new problem or it can be a technology innovation in your product. The PIC is open to content publishers, industry supply companies, technologists and others in the industry who have tangible innovative ideas.
This year we are making a few changes to fine tune the format including categorizing submissions into process and technology groups, enhancing knowledge sharing at the event, running the PIC event as one session at LocWorld, and running a spate innovation roundtable/panel discussing the state of innovation in the industry. Depending on entrants there also may be a preliminary PIC round online.
Why the PIC?
The PIC is a platform to make innovations visible in the localization industry.
How does it work?
You submit your entry. If it is shortlisted, the LocWorld stage will be yours to propose your process innovation to the audience and a panel of process experts.
Last year we received more than thirty submissions over three LocWorld editions and twelve innovators pitched their ideas on stage.
More information available at: https://pic.locworld.com
- All papers submitted will be reviewed and evaluated by the PIC organizers and the PIC advisory board.
- The PIC is not an opportunity to demonstrate, advertise or sell a technology, solution or service. Successful proposals are those that have shown good levels of innovation, easy application to various problems and clear benefits for stakeholders.
- You can submit a previous proposal if it was not previously shortlisted at a PIC.
- If invited to shortlist, accepting innovators must register for LocWorld within 2 weeks.
- PIC speakers receive discounted registration of $250 off of the early rate price.
- If you have any difficulties with the submittal process, or questions please contact Kris Wiegand.
Silicon Valley 2019
Proposal submission deadline: August 16, 2019
Notification of shortlisted proposals: September 6, 2019
Submission of your innovative idea: October 18, 2019
Conference: November 7-8, 2019