Organizers: Dave Ruane, Kris Wiegand, Alex Bernet, Jeff Kiser
Process Innovation Challenge… PIC
Localization Innovations Worth Sharing
This is a chance to showcase your innovation and challenge the localization industry to transform, as enterprises Engage Global Users!
The Process Innovation Challenge is in its fourth season and is coming to LocWorldWide43, January 26-28, 2021.
The Process Innovation Challenge (PIC) is a dynamic session to showcase process and technology innovations in our industry. Successful proposals will get the chance to pitch on stage at one of the LocWorld events during 2021.
If you have a technology or process innovation worth sharing, submit your proposal. Your innovations should be unique ideas that were successfully applied to a localization process that improved operations, or it could be a new way of using something existing to solve a new problem, or it can be a technology innovation in your product or workflow. The PIC is open to content publishers, industry supply companies, technologists, academia and others in the industry who have tangible innovative ideas.
Recent PIC participants have pitched diverse topics such as; multiple machine translation engine approaches to the customer support sector; faster software localization process techniques enabling instant publishing; automatic detection of source languages in a workflow system; smart AI dubbing enabling multiple tone and pitch variations to voice; and topic modeling for resource selection, making machine translations a success in regulated industries.
There is really no restriction on the topic — you choose! Your proposal should explain what was innovative about it, what was the benefit of the innovation and what could others get out of it.
The preliminary round will be online and open to the public, and there will be pitching guidance from the PIC dragons and additional PR and audience reach for participants.
Why the PIC?
The PIC is a platform to promote and drive innovations in the localization industry.
How does it work?
You submit your entry, you may be asked to join a virtual round, then if shortlisted for the PIC event, the LocWorld stage will be yours to propose your innovation to the audience and a panel of experts (PIC dragons). Be as innovative as you like. You can send videos, slides or workflows along with your entry.
Proposal submission deadline: October 15, 2020
Notifications of invitation to virtual session: TBA
Virtual round: Starting TBA
Final slides due (shortlisted entries): TBA
Conference: January 26-28, 2021
- All papers submitted will be reviewed and evaluated by the PIC organizers and the PIC advisory board.
- The PIC is not an opportunity to demonstrate, advertise or sell a technology, solution or service. Successful proposals are those that have shown good levels of innovation, shown easy application to various problems and clear benefits for stakeholders.
- You can re-submit a previous proposal if it was not previously shortlisted at a PIC.
- If a previous proposal was pitched as part of any PIC (preliminary or final round), it may not be submitted again. You are welcome to submit a different innovation.
- If you have any questions or difficulties with the submittal process, please contact Kris Wiegand. Send any visuals, imagery or videos to Kris as well.