LocWorld47 Berlin — Process Innovation Challenge Call for Papers Is Now Closed
Proposals are due no later than April 25, 2022.
LocWorld’s Process Innovation Challenge (PIC) returns to the stage and the bright lights in Berlin, Germany on July 12th, 2022. The competition has been entirely virtual since May of 2020 but will be held in person again this summer as part of the LocWorld47 Berlin conference. The PIC has grown and evolved through the pandemic and three LocWorldWide virtual events, reaching a larger virtual audience. Getting back to the in-person competition will allow the Process Dragons (judges) the opportunity to pose questions to the innovators in front of a live audience once again. Several enhancements to the prizes (to be announced soon) will also help to make this the best PIC yet. If you’re an innovator and have a technology or process to share, submit your proposal to the PIC for a chance to win Innovator of the Year.
LocWorld47 Berlin will be held at the Intercontinental Hotel in Berlin, Germany on July 11-13, 2022. Innovators do not need travel approval to submit and participate in the preliminary rounds of this edition of the Process Innovation Challenge. However, upon notification of qualifying for the final round, to be held in person in Berlin on July 12th, innovators will need travel approval no later than Friday, June 10, 2022, to be included as a finalist. If an innovator is unable to attend the final round, they may opt-out of this event and forward their proposal for consideration at the next LocWorld to be held in United States in the fall of 2022. More information on that event will be published soon.
We only accept proposals that can be streamed for a limited time after the conference. If your submission is accepted and you are invited to pitch during the PIC, we may publish the recordings after the live event is over. If we do, your presentation will be included in that access. LocWorld also reserves the right to use your name in marketing the conference.
Before filling out the call for papers, make sure that you can meet all deadlines. Please do not worry about travel approval as a reason not to submit a proposal. You are still encouraged to participate in the competition and pitch in the preliminary rounds even if you are not sure whether you can attend the final in Berlin.
Proposal submission deadline: Monday, April 25, 2022
Notifications of invitation to preliminary session: Tuesday, May 13, 2022
Preliminary rounds: Wednesday, June 1st and Thursday, June 2, 4:00 pm CET / 10:00 am ET
Final round: Tuesday, July 12, 2022
- The preliminary round will be online and open to a public audience.
- All papers submitted will be reviewed and evaluated by the PIC organizers and advisory board. No solicitation for proposals is permitted. All decisions made by the PIC board are final.
- The PIC is not an opportunity to demonstrate, advertise, or sell a technology, solution, or service. Successful proposals are those that have shown good levels of innovation, ease of application to various problems, and clear benefits for stakeholders.
- You can resubmit a prior PIC proposal if it was not previously shortlisted, or you have adapted the innovation since pitching it before.
- If you have any questions or difficulties with the submission process, please contact Alex Bernet.
- Dates are indicative and may change at the discretion of the PIC advisory board.