Interested in Speaking at LocWorld?
Speaking at LocWorld, the largest localization event in the world, taking place annually on two continents, provides you the opportunity to share your ideas and experience with your peers. We are interested in showcasing best practices, insights, practical steps, and good examples from the corporate side of the language industry to our attendees. We prefer to include fresh presentations that have not been presented elsewhere, free of marketing pitches.
We have coaches that work with speakers on their presentations. If you are a new speaker to LocWorld, our coaches will have plenty of pointers for you!
Case study presenters, as well as up to three panelists plus a moderator per panel, are entitled to free conference admission on the day of their presentation or 50% off the admission of the full two-day conference. MicroTalk speakers receive a smaller discount on a full conference registration.
Each year LocWorld has a different theme, about which you can submit a proposal. We also accept submissions for the following tracks:
- Advanced Localization Management: The latest information on trends, processes, technologies, and influences that shape the world of localization.
- Content Management: Explores the need for content strategy, content standards, repeatable processes, advanced information technologies, and the role of translation and localization in our mobile, global, on-demand world.
- EDUinLOC: Systematic planning for education in localization to embrace the revolution brought by machine learning, bridge the gap between academia and industry, and prepare for the next generation of localizers.
- Game Global: Challenges, best practices, technology, and new trends that are specific to the video game localization community.
- Global Business: Practical insights for companies that want to venture with confidence into new international markets.
- Global Strategy: Practical advice to help companies scale their global business.
- Global Web: Leading companies, each with an outstanding web presence, offer their expertise for launching and maintaining a worldwide web platform.
- Localization Core Competencies: Introductory information for companies that need to localize but are unsure where to start.
- Media Localization: Insights and practical advice on how to take advantage of the growing global demand for multimedia content based on best practices, utilizing cutting-edge technologies.
- Multilingual AI: Best practices and solutions for using automation and artificial intelligence in the localization process, including machine translation, project management, translation quality evaluation, and how humans and machines all work together through standards and technological innovation.
- Technical: You’ve developed the coolest whizz-bang tool or service to make internationalization and localization fly. So, tell us about it. Show your audience how it works and how you built it. What makes it tick, how is it automated? Is it continuous, or maybe it’s distributed? Perhaps you’ve used artificial intelligence in novel ways to improve accuracy or efficiency. If so, we want to hear about it. The technical track is an opportunity to express your inner geek, and you’ll have an audience filled with budding engineers hungry to learn how you made it work.
- Trade Secrets: Information on doing business in the language industry. Topics include how to run a better organization, increase profitability, thrive in market swings, and handle mergers.
Any current calls for papers are shown below. Sign up for email updates to be notified when new calls for papers are issued.