“The Chinese use two brush strokes to write the word ‘crisis.’ One brush stroke stands for danger; the other for opportunity. In a crisis, be aware of the danger–but recognize the opportunity.” ― John F. Kennedy
We all experienced (and are experiencing) a global crisis in the last few months. This crisis had (has, and will have) personal, social, professional, and financial effects.
In this half-day (4.5 hours) workshop, we will discuss how to manage a global crisis: what are the challenges, what are the mistakes, what are the opportunities, what we can learn from crises, and how we can grow personally and professionally. What changes do we need to make in the industry’s mindset, and ours, to prepare for future crises?
We will bring together highly experienced localization leaders from organizations of all sizes. They will share their expertise in enabling their organizations’ business to be truly global. The focus will be on use cases from real life.
We will give you homework before the workshop: what are the challenges and what are the opportunities you have?
Part 1: Setting the scope and topics of the workshop, guest speakers
Part 2: Hands-on working groups discussing the topics
Part 3: Sharing and discussing results, closing remarks
- Global Crisis Management: Challenges, opportunities, perspectives, mindset.
- Localization Benchmark: Attendees will learn about localization processes from companies of different sizes and stages of localization maturity and get an understanding of their own market, product, and service context to map it on the localization canvas.
- Support Network: Attendees will gain insight and hear advice from peers and experts on the operational and strategic aspects of localization management.
- Interactive Format: Attendees will speak, discuss, persuade, challenge, brainstorm, and LISTEN!
- Global Tool Box: Bigger Better Faster
January 19, 2021 - January 20, 2021
8:00 am - 2:00 pm