Track: Global Toolbox | GTB4 |
Wednesday, March 16, 2022, 1:00pm – 4:30pm
Held in: Zoom
Ọpẹ́yẹmí Adémólá - SpredC
Tawanda Nhire Nelson Antonio - TransLab International
Stephan Cocron - Salesforce.com
Sheriff Issaka - African Languages Lab
Ricky Kalu - Kalu Media
Jon Ritzdorf - Procore
Paul Warambo - CLEAR Global / Translators without Borders
Moderators: Belén Agulló García,
In this session, we will focus on building relationships between Africa and other parts of the world in academia. By providing participants with an opportunity to meet and learn from each other, we enhance communication between the stakeholders that are involved in the African translation and localization industry, and to understand the needs and challenges from academia in Africa.
- General introductions
- Presentation: Linguistic Panorama in Southern Africa by Tawanda Nhire
- Questions to be addressed:
- How popular is translation training in Africa?
- How popular is language training in Africa?
- Are students motivated to be part of our industry? Yes, no, why?
- What can we do to promote language/translation training in Africa?
- Other related issues
- Meet the Academics
- Round table
*Note that all LocWorldWide46 Africa attendees receive a 50% discount on Global Toolbox sessions! Just register first for the main conference and you will be sent a discount code.