How AI Can Eliminate the World's Language Barrier


Track: Translation Automation | TA3 |
Wednesday, January 27, 2021, 11:30am – 12:00pm
Held in: Auditorium
Presenter:
Vasco Pedro - Unbabel

In 1997, 80% of the internet was in English. Now only 20% of the internet is in English, leaving 80% of the internet untapped by English speaking businesses. This means that the language of business is diversifying, and it is crucial for businesses to be multilingual, otherwise language will become a barrier for global enterprises and their growth. Pulling from enterprise use cases, we will explain how AI can break these language roadblocks without replacing humans but combining AI technology with the knowledge that translators bring, and what this means for global companies in the future.

Takeaways: Attendees will walk away with ideas for embracing AI and its capacities ‚— especially during Covid-19 — which offers greater potential for building a hybrid workforce and maximizing business value and ways to enhance and scale the customer experience with the use of AI.