In this workshop participants work through a collection of sample content typical of localization projects and create a project that is ready for handoff to a service provider. After discussion of theory, participants will be asked to validate the localization-readiness of the content by applying various criteria that has been explained. In this workshop, we will focus on:
- Categorization of source content into content types
- Evaluating writing quality of source content
- Terminology harvesting, categorization, validation and preparation
- Evaluating content from the viewpoint of cultural sensitivity
- Preparing a Localization Bill of Materials
- Choosing the proper workflow by content type
Newcomers to the localization profession will be gain the knowledge and skills needed to prepare and organize projects efficiently for optimum results during this workshop.