How to Evaluate Source Content for Localization Readiness: A Hands-on Workshop
Track: Preconference | P03 |
Wednesday, November 6, 2019, 1:30pm – 5:00pm
Held in: Glen Ellen
Richard Sikes - memoQ
Val Swisher - Content Rules, Inc.
In this workshop participants work through a collection of samples typical of localization projects and create a project that is ready for handoff to a service provider. After discussion of theory and explaining criteria, participants will be asked to validate the localization-readiness of the content. In this workshop, we will focus on:
- Categorization of source content into content types
- Evaluating writing quality of source content
- Terminology harvesting, categorization, validation and preparation
- Evaluating content from the viewpoint of cultural sensitivity
- Preparing a Localization Bill of Materials
- Choosing the proper workflow by content type
Newcomers to the localization profession will gain knowledge and skills needed to prepare and organize projects efficiently for optimum results.