In this half-day workshop, we will explore the fundamentals of terminology management. This session is designed to provide core knowledge to linguists who have limited experience with terminology development, or who have never overseen a terminology initiative.
We will address:
- Why terminology is a key element of a larger global content strategy
- Terminology taxonomy
- How to plan and execute a terminology initiative
- How to evangelize the importance of terminology, especially to upper management
- Ongoing terminology governance
- Some software solutions for managing terminology
Armed with the concepts gleaned in this workshop, participants can participate in the advanced afternoon Terminology Round Table with confidence.